Believe it or not, most experts are afraid to ask for the sale. They figure that if they just keep giving and giving that eventually the light bulb will go off and people will immediately understand that they are supposed to work with you.
Well, nothing could be further from the truth!
Taking the time to create the perfect pages for your website could mean the difference between making enough to only pay your electric bill to raising your business to six figures and more.
In this chapter I’d like to talk about the website and internet marketing strategy. I want to show you how to use the power of the internet to double your sales and profits. I want to show you how to dominate your competitors and own your target market by using only the internet and free online tools. I'll also show you how you can build a super profitable business using only local marketing strategies in your target market, reveal the proven formula for online marketing success for your business, give you five online marketing strategies that you must use in order to dominate your marketplace, and show you how to build a landing page with an irresistible offer that your prospects simply can't refuse.
The Millionaire Maker
A savvy business owner can dominate their target market with just an internet connection, free Twitter account, free Linked-In account and a free Facebook page – It's already been done. The internet has leveled the playing field and opened up the door for the internet marketing savvy business owner with a small $500 marketing budget to compete with the mainstream business with a $50,000 marketing budget. The level playing field has really opened up the door for the local guy!
Never in the history of the world has life changing business success been so easily accessible than now. However, the true power isn't simply because of businesses on the internet. It's about harnessing the traffic, funneling the traffic from prospects and leads in your local area to your business.
- 80% of consumer budgets are spent within fifty miles of their home. The local search is powerful.
- 74% of internet users perform local searches.
- 62% of Americans use online local search like Google Local Search to locate local businesses.
- 61% of local searches result in purchases.
- 54% of Americans have substituted their phonebooks for internet and local search.
- Microsoft has claimed that 53% of mobile searches on Bing are local in nature and mobile local searches for local information have grown from 27% in 2008 to 35% in 2013.
- 82% of local searches follow up offline via an in-store visit, phone call or purchase
- 97% of American internet users use the internet to shop. Of which 57% characterize their behavior as shop online, purchase offline.
I just rattled off those statistics by big research firms to show you that the local search is huge. You don't have to be all over the world to make your business successful. There is enough money and enough people in your local target market in order for you to be successful and to make it work.
Online Marketing Myths
Now I'm going to cover some of the online marketing myths that you hear:
- Some business owners think online marketing is too complicated and expensive for regular business owners to do – that's not true.
- A lot of business owners think that all they need is a website and that they're guaranteed to make money with their website – That's not true.
- Some business owners even think you need to spend a fortune on very expensive websites to make money from the internet and that's not true, either!
- Some business owners think that if their website is on the first page of Google, they'll make a ton of money. That's absolutely not true.
- Then the last one is that business owners think that marketing on the internet can solve all their business problems – Not true. You still have to have a business that provides a valuable product or service and sells it at a premium, even if you're marketing on the internet.
- They don't focus on the leads and prospects in their local market, also known as local search. They try to go global. You shouldn't be trying to service a customer in Venezuela if you can't even service a customer five minutes from your doorstep.
- They have no major strategy to guide their actions. You're pretty much guaranteed to fail if you don't have a major strategy, so a lot of business owners just have a random set of marketing actions with no plan.
- Many business owners don't know how to create content that sells their product or service in an ethical and persuasive way.
- Another one is don't tie up their internet marketing actions with their traditional business to create successful systems. So for example, it's okay to generate leads online, but then you still have to have follow up systems in place to make it work.
- Finally, a lot of business owners don't track results, so there's no way to know what is really working and what isn't working.
- Mapping your process. You need to map out your entire process for working with a lead you generate from the internet from beginning to end.
- Attract prospects. Select online marketing strategies to attract prospects to your offers. Not every marketing strategy will work for every marketplace for every product.
So let's dig down a little bit. Here's why you should follow a proven formula for marketing and business online. Following this proven method eliminates the guesswork and confusion and dramatically eliminates the risk of major failure in your marketing efforts. Your sales team will love following up with the leads you're generating using the blueprint you are about to discover.
More importantly, your customers are clients who will enjoy buying from your business and will become raving fans. You will have a realistic chance to get off of the business roller coaster caused by extremely slow months – and then, this blueprint can even be applied to your overall business marketing campaign and you can have proven results from that as well.
Step 1: Mapping Your Process
When most online marketing campaigns fail, it's because the process hasn't been mapped out to reach the desired goal.
Here's an example: Let's say a prospect sees your ad online, clicks on the ad, gets taken to your landing page, the landing page asks for contact information. After the prospect fills out the contact form, a sales team member calls the lead.
That's a great example. It takes you from the beginning where they see the ad, to the end after the sales person is calling to follow up on the lead to set an appointment.
Here's another example: Say your prospect finds your business in an online directory, clicks on the link to your website and is taken to it. On your website, you have a number to call for price quotes. The prospect calls the number and is helped by a salesperson.
Mapping out a pre-planned, desired path will help your internet leads actually convert into real dollars. It doesn't matter how much activity or how many people are talking about you online, what matters is how many are clicking through and actually converting into profits.
You need to keep your processes simple, and put the online leads you generate right into your follow-up or lead closing system. It's no different. You need to design a lead follow up system for the internet leads that don't buy from you right away, so you need to make sure that beforehand you know exactly how those leads are going to be worked and how they're going to be marketed to.
If someone came through your online marketing system it's usually fine to communicate with them via email, so make sure that you include email as a major part of your follow up system when it comes to internet leads.
During this planning stage, be sure to include the product or service delivery process because you need to know how you're actually going to perform and deliver the things you say you're going to deliver to this customer. Consider creating a process for up-sales, cross-sales and down sales as well. That way, you know you can maximize every bit of income in an ethical way for every lead that's generated.
Step 2 – Tracking the prospects online
The two major rules for attracting prospects online are these, and these rules must never be broken:
1. Build your online marketing campaign around the exact words or phrases that your target market uses. This is known as 'keyword research.' Using the exact words and phrases to attract qualified prospects creates laser precision in your marketing efforts. Very much like using those words in your USP will do.
2. Only put your marketing messages where your prospects are. This can be done geographically, regionally or in online publications or websites that your target market visits or watches.
So if your target market is elderly people who have poor eyesight, then chances are that they're not going to be online looking at specific types of websites. They're probably going to be more offline where they can make text larger so they can read it, so you might want to focus on those kind of websites where the text is bigger. Know that there are simple concepts that are used for advertising to elderly people.
Don't be overwhelmed by all of the online marketing options. Only choose the strategies that get your product or service offers in front of your target market. Get one online marketing strategy implemented completely before moving onto the next strategy.
So, if you want to implement Facebook marketing, focus on Facebook marketing. See where your potential clients and prospects are and build your campaign around that using the words they search for.
Master that, then begin to generate leads from Facebook first before you jump onto something else. Always make sure that the online marketing strategies are based on sound business principles. You want to make sure that business principles still apply in the online marketplace.
Be willing to work diligently at building relationships from the online leads you generate because they're coming in from the internet so they tend to need more hand-holding and more nurturing because sometimes these people hide behind the internet so that they don't actually have to talk to anyone. So, be prepared to dig in with these clients and these leads and prospects in order to make something of it.
Here are some of the online marketing methods you can use:
- Google Places listing
- Business directories
- Marketing on Facebook
- Video marketing on YouTube
- Article marketing
- Video marketing
- Press release marketing
- Marketing with podcasting
- Yahoo! Local
- Bing Local
There are dozens and dozens of marketing strategies that you can use through the internet, but the most important thing is to base them on sound business principles. Master one and get it up and running and generating leads before you jump to another one.
The Top Five Online Marketing Strategies
These are the minimum that you simply have to have in your system:
- An optimized business listing in a major search engine like Google Places, Bing Local and Yahoo! Local. You have to have those major search engines covered. They have to be able to find you.
- You have to have an optimized business listing in all business directories in your target market. Every business has niche business directories. Find yours and make sure that your business listing is in all the ones that are relevant to your niche.
- A Facebook fan page for your business. So many prospects are on Facebook now and it's growing by the hundreds of millions. So you want to make sure that you have a Facebook fan page for people to connect with your business and to put a name and a face to your business.
- You want to do a YouTube video marketing campaign, promoting your business. YouTube is one of the biggest, most heavily visited websites on the internet. You want to make sure that prospects find you and get answers to their questions on YouTube.
- Email Marketing Campaign. So once you generate these leads, you have to be able to follow up and nurture these leads to turn them into real profit.
Now I know what you're thinking: “Our business is different!” But here's the reality. You can be in any one of these businesses. You could be a restaurant or an electrician, plumber, financial services, etc. and you can still use Twitter to generate business for specials, slow days, or slow months. You can still use Facebook to develop a relationship with your clients and customers in order to promote specials. You can still e-mail them to keep in contact with your prospects to promote offers and deepen the relationship with your customers. Business listings and Google Places, Yahoo! Local and Bing Local allow any business to show up for a potential customer when searching for a local company. Video marketing campaigns allow prospects to peep behind the curtain before they actually visit in person and see a level of quality and the level of service that you provide.
The local business that not only survives, but thrives, is the one that harnesses the power of local search marketing. The large majority of searches on the internet are for local products and service providers. Without mapping out your online marketing plan, you're practically guaranteeing yourself to fail. It's not about making it first on Google, Yahoo! or Bing - it's about driving more leads into your sales following. The only reason linking first on Google even matters is because it might drive more leads into your sales following. Never forget that. Don't be overwhelmed by all the options to advertise your business online. Only pick strategies that will put your marketing message in front of your target audience.
The formula that will guarantee your success in your online marketing campaign is the following:
- Mapping your process – Map out your entire process when working with a lead generated on the internet.
- Attracting prospects. Select online marketing strategies that will attract potential prospects to your offer.
- Lead Capture. Choose a method for getting prospects to give you their contact information when they're not buying.
- Cultivating your leads. Your tactics for staying in contact with your leads while also marketing to them.
- Sales Conversion. The sales messages, methods and strategies that will get your prospects to buy.
ACCELERATION LIVE EVENT
Acceleration "LIVE" events are a gathering of successful 6 & 7 figure Entrepreneurs coming together to support one another in a co-operative community. The event is an intensive 3-day mastermind and learning event specifically designed for successful, purpose-driven, big-hearted and giving entrepreneurs who are... MAKING A FORTUNE BY MAKING A DIFFERENCE.