If you ever want to see a huge waste of money, then watch the ads being played during the Super Bowl. Those ads that run during the Super Bowl ads are designed to be funny and cute and win advertising awards. However, those ads rarely make their companies any real profit. As a matter of fact, those commercials are the laughing stock of the marketing industry because companies blissfully line up and pay millions for those types of “funny” ads while receiving little to no results for their marketing dollars.
The fact of the matter is, you either need to know how to write and design good ads or have the resources to hire a good copywriter. Regardless of which option you choose, I encourage you to study good copywriters so that they have a feel for what usually works. As the owner, you should definitely know how to create ads, letters and emails that generate leads. A good expert to study to learn copywriting is Dan Kennedy. Simply type in his name in Google.com and you will find tons of resources about copywriting.
Here's a quick tip sheet on the basics which every ad you create should have:
- Use headlines that attract customers.
- Always have a compelling offer.
- Use a specific start date and deadline in your ad.
- Insert testimonials from past customers.
- Include a guarantee on your products and services.
- Your ad must look unique and stand out from your competitors.
- Your ad must ONLY focus on what your customer wants.
- Have only one goal for each ad, which is to get customers to visit your business.
- Tell the reason why you're offering the sale.
- Write ads that are straight to the point and easy to understand.
Now, the keys to success listed above may seem like a lot of hard work, but you only have to do the hardest work in the beginning. However, the most important factor which will contribute to your success in your business is your willingness to actually implement these strategies on a consistent basis.
ACCELERATION "LIVE" EVENT
Acceleration "LIVE" events are a gathering of successful 6 & 7 figure Entrepreneurs coming together to support one another in a co-operative community. The event is an intensive 3-day mastermind and learning event specifically designed for successful, purpose-driven, big-hearted and giving entrepreneurs who are... MAKING A FORTUNE BY MAKING A DIFFERENCE.